Bean and Tomato Soup, protein and antioxidant rich soup! (English Video)
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Bean-and-Tomato-Soup-5540r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Bean and Tomato Soup
Protein from black beans as well antioxidants, vitamin a from tomatoes and vitamin c from capsicum, all together work towards maintaining the cells and the lining of the arteries in good health.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes 3 servings
1/2 cup rajma (kidney beans) , soaked overnight
1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1 to 2 bayleaves
1 tsp oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
1/4 cup chopped capsicum
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
1. Drain out all the water from the beans and add 2 cups of water, salt and bayleaves and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or till they are soft. Remove the bayleaves and discard them. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
3. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for few more minutes.
4. Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for few minutes.
6. Add the rajma (along with the liquid they were cooked in), mix well and bring to boil.
7. Add the salt and pepper and allow it to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
1. You can use any choice of beans instead of the rajma. Use black beans, chawli beans etc.