Butter Bean and Vegetable Soup, quick chunky soup!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Butter-Bean-and-Vegetable-Soup-3271r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Butter Bean and Vegetable Soup
White butter beans called cannelini (in florence) are the traditional base for soups. These beans are cooked and used to quickly assemble flavourful and wholesome soups. You can choose any combination of vegetables. This is a soup with the look of summer and is delightful when had with a loaf of garlic or crusty bread.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1 cup soaked and cooked vaal (field beans/ butter beans)
1/2 cup blanched carrot cubes
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
3/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup onion cubes
2 tbsp roughly chopped celery
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
garlic (lehsun) bread
1. Heat the olive oil in a deep kadhai, add the bayleaves and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the onion cubes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the celery and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, 4 cups of hot water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the beans, tomato purée, pepper and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Serve hot with garlic bread.