Coco Peanut Soup,a rather rare combination of coconut milk and peanuts come together in this wholesome soup, which is further enhanced with chopped cucumber and tomatoes
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Coco-Peanut-Soup-1459r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Coco Peanut Soup
A rather rare combination of coconut milk and peanuts come together in this wholesome soup, which is further enhanced with chopped cucumber and tomatoes. A dash of cumin seeds, green chillies and fresh coriander give the coco peanut soup a memorable flavour, which you will remember for days to come.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes.
1½ cups coconut milk (nariyal ka doodh)
½ cup coarsely powdered peanuts
2 tbsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
¼ cup finely chopped cucumber
¼ cup finely chopped tomatoes
Salt to taste
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Combine the coconut milk and besan in a bowl, whisk well till no lumps remain and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the coconut milk-besan mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the cucumber, tomatoes, peanuts, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the coriander and mix well.