Curd Shorba,conjured up this magical soup using low-fat curds, tomatoes, cucumber and onions to keep the calorie content low!
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Curd-Shorba-(-Low-Calorie-Healthy-Cooking-)-1345r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Who would have ever thought of making a shorba out of the humble Indian kadhi? Here, we have conjured up this magical soup using low-fat curds, tomatoes, cucumber and onions to keep the calorie content low!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 6 minutes.
3 cups low-fat curds (dahi), made from 99.7%fat-free milk
½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
4 tsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
2 tsp oil or low-fat butter
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
½ tsp grated ginger (adrak)
¼ cup finely chopped onions
¼ cup low-fat milk (99.7 % fat-free)
¼ cup chopped cucumber
½ cup chopped tomatoes
Salt to taste
For the garnish
A sprig of coriander (dhania)
1. Combine the curds, turmeric powder, and besan in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
5. Add the curds-besan mixture, milk and ½ cup of water, mix well and simmer on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the cucumber, tomatoes and salt, mix well and simmer for another minute.
Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutritive values per serving:
Energy: 100 kcal
Protein: 6.6 gm
Carbohydrates: 11.7 gm
Fat: 2.9 gm
Calcium: 259.4 mg
Vitamin A: 501.1 mcg