Rajma and Spinach Soup, is a unique and tasty combination.
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Rajma-and-Spinach-Soup-(-Soups-and-Salads-Recipe-)-33969r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Rajma and Spinach Soup
Succulent and subtle, this delicately flavoured soup is made from an unusual combination, that of rajma and spinach. So health-wise you have a protein-enriched meal. The pairing of flavours is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. Enjoy it as a good beginning to your meal and add some grated cheese for appeal and to add richness to the soup.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 19 minutes.
½ cup soaked and boiled rajma (kidney beans)
1 cup shredded spinach (palak)
½ tbsp oil
2 tbsp finely chopped onions
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes
2 tbsp tomato purée
For the garnish
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the spinach, salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, oregano and dry red chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
4. Add the rajma and 4 cups of water, mix well and bring it to boil (approx. 4 minutes).
5. Lower the flame and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the tomato purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Serve hot garnished with cheese.