Rajma Soup, protein and iron rich soup!!
Recipe link : http://tarladalal.com/Rajma-Soup-%28-Healthy-Soups-and-Salads-Recipe%29-4627r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
This savoury soup meets your iron and protein requirement through the tasty rajma in a perfect way. On the other hand, the vitamin c from the tomatoes and lemon juice helps in the absorption of iron during digestion.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup soaked rajma (kidney beans)
1 1/2 tsp oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
3 garlic (lehsun) cloves , roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped yellow capsicum
1 tbsp finely chopped green capsicum
1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
1 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Add the rajma, chilli powder, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
4. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
5. Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
6. Transfer the purée into a deep non-stick pan, add ½ cup water and mix well.
7. Bring to a boil and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
8. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
Serve hot garnished with yellow capsicum, green capsicum, spring onions greens and tomatoes.