Roasted Capsicum Soup, a simple low-calorie soup.
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Roasted-Capsicum-Soup-%28-Low-Calorie-Healthy-Cooking-%29-32990r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Roasted Capsicum Soup
Roasted capsicum soup, this simple but delectable soup is packed with goodness of folic acid and vitamin a from capsicum and tomatoes. The high fibre content of the recipe helps to remove the excess fat from the body while the garlic helps to keep a check on your blood cholesterol levels.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
2 whole red capsicum
4 medium sized tomatoes , cut into quarters
2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
1 clove garlic (lehsun)
1 1/2 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup low-fat milk
2 pinches sugar
salt to taste
1. Pierce a fork through the capsicum and roast them one at a time on a medium flame
till it turns black from all the sides.
2. Wash and remove their skin, stem and seeds. Roughly chop and keep aside.
3. Combine the tomatoes, garlic, bayleaves and 3 cups of water in a deep pan and boil
on a medium flame till the tomatoes are soft.
4. Cool the tomatoes completely and discard the bayleaves.
5. Combine the capsicum and tomatoes and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
6. Transfer the mixture back to the pan, add the cornflour-milk mixture and salt, mix
well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
7. Add the sugar and mix well.
8. Serve hot.