Spinach and Carrot Soup, vitamin enriched soup!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Spinach-and-Carrot-Soup-5606r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Spinach and Carrot Soup
Spinach and carrot soup, a palak delicacy enriched with wheat germ to make up for the necessary vitamin a and e for healthy vision and glowing skin.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Makes 4 servings
2 cups chopped spinach (palak)
1/2 cup chopped and parboiled carrot
1 tsp butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 1/2 cups milk
salt and to taste
2 tbsp wheat germ
bread sticks / croutons
1. Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
2. Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the spinach and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the milk, salt, pepper and wheat germ, mix well and cook on a medium flame another 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
5. When cool, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
6. Transfer the purée into a broad non-stick pan and bring to boil.
7. Serve hot with bread sticks or croutons.
Wheat germ is readily available at super markets, provision stores and also at chemist shops.